CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 20, 2011

My Obsession

ob·ses·sion (noun)
an idea or feeling that completely occupies the mind

If you ask anyone who knows me, they will definitely tell you that I LOVE watching Korean dramas and movies!
It all started way back 2001 when I got the chance to watch My Sassy Girl starring Cha Tae Hyun and Jeon Ji Hyun.

My Sassy Girl
(Korean: 엽기적인 그녀; literally, That Bizarre Girl) is a 2001 South Korean romantic comedy film directed by Kwak Jae-yong. It tells the story of a man's chance meeting with a drunk girl on the train which changes his life. It is ostensibly based on a true story posted on the internet in a series of blog posts written by Kim Ho-sik, which were later adapted into a novel.
The film was extremely successful in South Korea and was the highest grossing Korean comedy of all time. When My Sassy Girl was released throughout East Asia, it became a mega blockbuster hit in the entire region, from Japan, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, as well as Southeast Asia, to the point where it was drawing comparisons to Titanic.

credit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Sassy_Girl

My interest was ultimately piqued by this movie! It was so different from the story lines that I usually watch in our country. And from there, my love and passion for Korean dramas and movies grew more and more.

If you haven't checked it out yet, here's a link for y'all.

http://http://www.mysoju.com/korean-movie/my-sassy-girl

I will later on share my thoughts on some of my other favorites. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment